About Donald M. Medeiros
Edited from an article by Nina Rubon
Correspondent, Daily Press
Greatly influenced by his upbringing as the first generation offspring of immigrant Portuguese parents, Massachusetts born, Donald M. Medeiros, has established his Victorville law firm, Medeiros & Associates, to be a guiding hand for the average citizen through the maze that sometimes is the American legal system. Donald Medeiros has based his legal philosophy on the precept that communication, mediation and education of the client can resolve the majority of legal concerns before commencing litigation.
Mr. Medeiros is licensed both as a counselor at law and an attorney at law, His definition of a “counselor” is one who advises, informs and educates a client about the legal consequences of a problem, whereas an “attorney” is the person legally authorized to represent the client in court.
After obtaining his law degree, Mr. Medeiros took an early retirement from his vocation as a police officer in Orange County where he had honed his negotiating skills in public relations, first by heading the police union and then by working as a liaison between various county agencies.
The firm’s motto is “We handle the problems you thought you would never have,” Medeiros & Associates’ mission is to ease clients’ fears of the legal system. What, to the average working citizen, may be an overwhelming problem, Mr. Medeiros says, when presented to his experienced legal staff, the situations many times are resolved with a telephone call.
He keeps himself and his staff up-to-date on legal trends with his membership in the American Bar Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, The Consumer Attorneys of California, The Academy of Family Mediators, The National Council for Minor Children, The National Association of Criminal Lawyers, and the National Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys.
Prospective clients always receive a free consultation with an attorney at the full-service law firm which handles personal injury, family law, bankruptcy, criminal law, will/trust, probate and guardianships.
Donald Medeiros has spoken to many groups in our community regarding the cost of legal representation. “The business of law should not prevent those in need of services from attaining the best legal representation at an affordable price. The practice of law is not about the business of law, but about the compassionate, aggressive resolution of a client’s legal concern. The best legal representation should not be based on a client’s checkbook.”
With creative cost averaging, the firm makes the best qualified legal help affordable to the public.
Licensed to Practice
• In the California Superior, Appellate and Supreme Courts
• In the Federal and Bankruptcy Courts
• Federal Bar Association
• California Bar Association
• San Bernardino Bar Association
• High Desert Bar Association
• American Trial Lawyers Association
• Former Director of Bar Association
• Consumer Attorney of California
• National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• National Bankruptcy Attorney Association
• National Counsel for Minor Children
• State Certified Attorney for Minor Children
• Family Law Bar Section
• Certified Temporary Judge
• Former Police Officer
• Former School Board Vice Chair, St. Timothy’s Preparatory School
• Cal State San Bernardino Legal Clinic Advisor
• El Camino College, Degree, Associates of Arts
• Cal State Los Angeles, Degree, Bachelor of Science
• Western State University, Degree, Juris Doctor